Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dj Jrose Speaks out.


As many know I am a dj in second life. I enjoy playing a wide variety of music, and meet the listening pleasures of those around me. Playing everything from classical, folk, country, to heavy metal, punk, rock. You request it, bet your ass it will get played. Never have I talked about my djing. I am pretty humble about it. Music has been my life, studying it since I was 2, playing piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, and singing. It only seemed natural to look into the dj world. And so here it has come. Many listeners, and many different styles.

When I do dj, I try my best to also tell a story, convey how I am feeling, let people know where I am coming from. Some have picked up on it, others probably think it's just a cool tune thats being played. Many times when I prep for a set, I will go to the club and just sit there for about an hour, and look through my music, and look at the club, try to draw out the feeling, and what story to tell. I many times or not, get very worked up, and feel myself about to cave in to the need to hear something. Music is my drug of choice. I get lost in the sensations of the beats, words, feelings. Then feed off the crowds feelings. Many times I will have a song ready to go, and 3 seconds before I need to switch the tunes, I to a complete 180 turn and throw something way different in there. I get so lost.

Reading a post Christo wrote about a party I did not to long ago. I believe last week, we were at the graveyard on Christo Island, one of the T.R.A.C.S party, normally only a 2 hour party, I ended up extending it to 4 hours. Not for any sole reason but because I got lost. *smiles*

Down below is one of my favorite songs. Done my Theory of a Deadman- I hate my life.
No I do not truly hate my life, but when I am feeling mad, or discouraged, I think this song just speaks to me. Rock and heavy guitars is my home music. Though I love all music, Hard Rock, is where I will be.


"Hate My Life"

So sick of the hobos always begging for change
I don't like how I gotta work and
They just sit around and get paidI hate all of the people who can't drive their cars.
Bitch you better get outta the way
Before I start falling apart

I hate how my wife is always up my ass
She always wants to buy brand new things
But I don't have the cash.

I hate my job, all of my rich friends
I hate everyone to the bitter end.
Nothing turns out right There's no end in sight
I hate my life!
How come I never get laid nice guys always lose.
How could she have another headache
There's always some kind of excuse
I still hate my job, my boss is a dick
"I don't get paid nearly enough
To put up with all of your shit"

I hate my job, all of my rich friends
I hate everyone to the bitter end.
Nothing turns out right There's no end in sight
I hate my life!
I hate that I can't tell when a girl's underage,
You know, I tell her she's a nice piece of ass,
Then her daddy punches me in the face

So if you're pissed like me
Bitches, here's what you gotta do
Put your middle fingers up in the air
Go on and say "Fuck you!"

I hate my job, all of my rich friends
I hate everyone to the bitter end.
Nothing turns out right There's no end in sight
I hate my life!
So much at stake, can't catch a break
I hate my life
No, it's nothing new hear "it sucks to be you"
I fuckin hate my life

Hope to catch you at one of my shows. Every Tuesday and Friday at The Asylum, owned my Clutch Islay.

T.R.A.C.S owned by Christo Spyker, TimothyWilliam Waco, Rod Sideways

Sweetgrass owned by Norbie Rossini

Peace out!
Dj Jrose


No comments:

Post a Comment

In Depth

My photo
Amersfoort, Netherlands
I am a very diverse person. I love a range of things. Trying out new talents is something that pleases me, as well as helping. I am married to my love Kip in sl. Life is good!